TO CHANGE THE CULTURE OF THE OREGON PRISON SYSTEM BY TRANSFORMING ADULTS IN CUSTODY INTO SPIRITUAL & MORAL LEADERS.
Biblical Seminary in Prison – A Real Success Story
Because of its effectiveness in Angola prison, 16 states are now pursuing similar programs in partnership with colleges, universities and seminaries.
Modeled after these other highly successful programs, Paid in Full Oregon will do what has never before been done in Oregon: Provide student inmates with a fully accredited four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Liberal Arts with emphasis in Psychology, Social Service, and Leadership through partnership with Corban University and the Oregon Department of Corrections (DOC).
CLIFFORD JONES – Real Success after prison
Clifford was in the first graduating class at the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary extension at Angola prison in Louisiana in 1999. He was released from prison in 2006 and began to pastor in New Orleans. He is currently the pastor of Light My Way at Sonrise Church in Hillsboro, Oregon, and is a board member of Paid In Full Oregon. Light My Way is a unique ministry for men and women reentering our community from prison and local jails. The ministry has been hugely successful in helping ex-prisoners assimilate back into our local community in a productive and meaningful way.
TO PROVIDE ADULTS IN CUSTODY WITH AN ACCREDITED BACHELOR’S DEGREE: TRANSFORMING THEM INTO SPIRITUAL & MORAL LEADERS AND IMPACTING THE PRISON POPULATION THROUGHOUT OREGON.
- Provide peer/mentor services to other Adults In Custody (AIC).
- Serve as chaplain assistants.
- Give other AIC’s hope by assisting with suicide watch, promoting gang renunciation, and cell-to-cell encouragement.
- Serve as education tutors/mental health helpers.
- More opportunities are currently being assessed by the DOC.
- 25 AIC’s per year will be selected for the program.
- Up to 100 students will be enrolled in the next four years. Our first cohort of 25 students started classes on October 14, 2019
- Students will experience mentoring, internships and practicums while in prison.
- Graduates will be deployed within the prison system to work in various capacities while serving out their term.